Monday, May 12, 2008

It's My Birthday Today...

Well, May 12th has arrived and I decided to take the day off in order to have some "me time." It is my birthday and I need a little time for myself instead of giving it out to everyone else. Does that sound a bit selfish? I hope not; it sounds great to me.

I am sitting here at Barnes and Noble enjoying a latte and some quiet time. I spent yesterday in Louisville, Kentucky at an audition for Wheel of Fortune. I should hear something within the next 4-6 weeks on whether or not I will be invited for the final audition. It was an exciting day; very cold and wet, but exciting just the same.

Global Marketing is still my passion and I have been learning a lot about media placement (just hour important that correct placement is). There is a lot more to this business venture than I had originally expected; however, it will be all worth it in the long run. I just know it.

Just a quick post with a lot of odds and ends....must leave you now and have a little me time, remember.......Have a great day and remember to keep smiling. The world would be a much better place if we all smiled a little more......:)

1 comment:

Brenda said...

My Little Sister

My little sister brings me such joy,
For each phone call I receive from her is like getting a new toy.

Her voice is liquid sunshine
Her sense of humor is divine.

Gladly lending me a shoulder with her heart always open; for me my little sister is always there.
Of this I am guaranteed and she is always fair.

No words are needed to feel the love in her heart
She will immediately make you feel better right from the start.

She will speak her mind and doesn’t mind telling you so
If her opinion is different, that is just the way it goes. 

Together we have grown and our bonds are like cement
For me personally she was heaven sent.

We were born sisters by blood, bound by the heart and soul.
We will always be there for each other as we grow old.

Life’s challenges come on a daily basis,
We will always help each other through whatever the other faces.

My little sister will always be God’s gift to me till the end of time,
Constantly supporting me with her rays of sunshine.

Now and forever I know she will always be there for me with a hand to lend.
Till the day I die she will be my best friend.

God blessed me with her, though at first I didn’t know
Through the joy she has given me and the love that just grows.

Never judgmental or nearsighted is she,
Lisa is my little sister, God’s gift to me.


Brenda Halifax