Thursday, May 29, 2008

Knock...Knock....Knock....Can You Hear That?

Opportunity is knocking for me (and you) today. This has been a great day. The weather has been perfect and the company has been even better. I have to say that, when given the perfect opportunity to prove oneself, you should run with it as I have today. I knew that I was a valuable asset to the practice because of my years with them and the knowledge that I possess; however, today I realized just how valuable I am. I possess all the characteristics of a supervisor, yet I am not given the title. Why doesn't this upset me, you ask? Well, if I have the title, I have the headaches too and I cannot refuse the workload placed on me. On the other hand, without the title, I am free to say "no" if I wish and leave the workload to the office manager instead. I continue to keep my sanity that way; after all, I am not getting paid to be a supervisor, so why should I take on all the headaches for one? Wouldn't you agree?

Like I said, opportunity is knocking and I am not going to turn a deaf ear to it anymore. I can hear it loud and clear and I plan on opening the door as wide as it will allow me to. Life is too short to settle for what we have when we know that we can do better for ourselves and our loved ones. I will no longer settle for a "just getting by" lifestyle; I want more and I plan on getting my piece of the pie.

Until we meet again....keep smiling and make it a great day.........Lisa

No comments: