Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Good Morning...The Sun is Shining...

Good Morning Everyone.....

The sun is shining and it is supposed to get up to about 72 degrees today. That will be a nice change from the 28 degrees we had the other night. The trees, shrubs, and flowers are blooming (especially the tulips). Sping is in the air and I cannot wait for the warm days of summer to arrive. I am anxiously awaiting the planting season so that I can get my garden going. One of my favorite things to do during the summer months is "canning." I love to turn my hardwork in the garden into something that I can use all winter long. My favorite recipe is one that has been passed down in my husband's family for several generations. It is a recipe for sloppy joe mix and it has gotten rave reviews from anyone that has tried it. Sorry, I was given the receipe by my mother-in-law with explicite instructions that I was not to give it away (just continue to make it) until after she passes on. I have held to that promise for 20 years now and will continue to do so.

I also make my own Kahlua that is out of this world. It tastes a lot better than the store brand (in my opinion). The first time I had it, this liquer was blended with vanilla ice cream in the best shake that I have ever had.

I love to do crafts, crossword puzzles, learn new languages, and do logic puzzles. Have to keep the mind working, you know. I just love the challanges that they offer. Try them sometime.....

Have to go for now....Make it a great day and remeber to keep smiling and others will smile back at you.......Lisa

No comments: