Sunday, April 20, 2008

Widgets anyone?

I know, what is she talking about? I have been working on a couple of slideshow widgets for this site so that I can connect it to my amazon.com affiliate. I am definitely not a "widget master" by no means. In fact, whenever I think that I have the perfect set of images for my slideshow, I receive an error when I try to download them. Any suggestions?



I am happy to say the the earth has quit moving since Friday's 5.4 earthquake. We did, however, have a second afteshock about 10:30 Friday morning which measured just about the same in intensity. I kind of makes you nervous when things around you are shaking when they shouldn't be. I can't imagine how those of you on the west coast must feel when you feel the earth quiver like that. I have added simpathy for all of you. The national research professionals are telling us that this may not be the last that we hear of these tremers either. They are telling us, locally, that this could only be the beginning of something bigger. After all, we do live over a honeycomb of caves around here. Great, a little shaking and my house will be sitting in a big hole. At least we have earthquake insurance on the house. We purchased it when we built it back in 1999. You never know when it might come in handy, right? Hope it never does though.



Enough about me, how is everyone out there. I haven't read any comments on any of my previous blog sessions yet, so that either means that they haven't been vivisted yet or they aren't worthy of comment. :) Just kidding with you. I am not upset about the lack of responses; just wondering if my messages have been received or not.



I suppose that I need to get back to the business aspect of my life. I will keep working on these widgets until I get them right. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can place a ticker tape on my sites? I would like stocks, weather, and/or up to the minute feeds running continuously. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks you.



Keep Smiling & Make it a Great Day..........Lisa

No comments: